Beautifully detailed Christmas ornament
The first lighthouse in the Isles of Shoals was subsequently built on White Island in 1820, and it went into service in January 1821. It was a stone tower, later encased with wood and shingled. The current tower was originally built in 1859. Over the past 150+ years the lighthouse has undergone many repairs, the most recent was in 2005 when over 1,000 bricks were replaced. Source: http://www.newenglandlighthouses.net/white-island-light-history.html
Xmas ornament details
- Detailed on both sides of the ornament.
- Includes a romance card with above statement and ribbon to hang ornament.
- 3" high x 2-1/2" wide