The Pittsburg-Clarksville Bridge is South of U.S. Route 3, West of the Pittsburg Village on Bacon Road over the Connecticut River connecting the towns of Pittsburg and Clarksville. The bridge is 88'6" long with a clear span of 70 feet. It is also known as the Bacon Road Bridge. This structure is one of seven covered bridges in Pittsburg and one of three that remain standing. It was closed to traffic in 1981. The Pittsburg-Clarksville Bridge is one of fifty-eight covered bridges in the State of New Hampshire.
NH Bridge Number & Historic Facts
New Hampshire Bridge Number 34. Of the remaining covered bridges in New Hampshire, the Pittsburg-Clarksville Bridge is located the furthest north over the Connecticut River. The actual date of construction is not known, but there is a reference in town records that states, "In 1876, money was raised to build a bridge at Fletcher's Mill." It is assumed, by town officials, that this is the date of the present bridge. Ebeneezer Fletcher owned a sawmill - built in 1825 - near this bridge. The Pittsburg-Clarksville Bridge is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Add this Christmas ornament to your collection of NH historic decorations.
Additional Details and Specifications:
- 3" wide x 2 1/2" high
- Detailed on both sides
- Includes a ribbon to hang the ornament
- Also includes a romance card that contains a description of the ornament