Limited Edition - Twelve Days of Christmas Series
The "The Twelve Days of Christmas" bell collection is a Hampshire Pewter limited edition. The 12 days of Christmas start the day after the celebration of Jesus's birthday (December 26th) and continue until the day of Epiphany (January 6). The day of Epiphany is the celebrated day of when the Three Wismen arrived and honored the newborn Savior with gifts. As the song goes, the first bell in the series is The Partridge in a Pear Tree.
The meaning of the Partridge in the Pear Tree
The Partridge has been said to signify Jesus, whose birthday we celebrate on December 25, the first day of Christmas. Jesus is symbolically presented as a mother partridge that feigns injury to decoy predators from her helpless nestlings. ??How often would I have sheltered you under my wings, as a hen does her chicks?? Luke 13:34. The pear tree has been said to symbolize the cross at Calvary or the manger in the Bethlehem stable.
Some of the specifications:
- Limited edition - only 500 will be produced
- 5" tall
- Issue number is engraved on the inside of the bell housing
- Hand-cast in our special lead-free pewter alloy
- The bell housings are hand cast and hand finished
- Beautifully polished to a fine satin lustre
- The original design and traditional craftsmanship of Hampshire Pewter are two ingredients which are give this collection its unique charm.