TWELVTH OF A SERIES of Christmas Ornaments
The Jackson covered Bridge in the quaint village of Jackson, New Hampshire spans the beautiful Ellis River. Built in 1876 by Charles Broughton and his son of Conway, New Hampshire, the bridge is 121'11" long and 26' wide including a 10' covered walkway that was added on the North side in 1930. Jackson Bridge is a single span bridge built using the Paddeford Truss architecture. Jackson Bridge has earned the nickname of "The Honeymoon Bridge" from those who frequent its trusses.
NH Bridge Number & Historic Facts
New Hampshire Bridge Number 51. This covered bridge was built by Charles Austin Broughton and his son Frank. In 1965 the approach from NH Route 16 was rebuilt to improve visibility and to provide parking. It is eligible for listing on the National Register of Historic Places.
Additional details and specifications:
- 3" wide x 2 1/2" high
- Detailed on both sides
- Includes a ribbon to hang the ornament
- Also includes a romance card that contains a description of the ornament