The Cilleyville Bridge is located in Andover at the junctions of NH Routes 11 and 4A. Built in 1887, it is 53' long with a 47'6" span over Pleasant Brook, a tributary of the Blackwater River. It is restricted to pedestrian traffic only. It was originally known as the Bog Bridge. A Cilleyville Bridge was nearby, spanning the Blackwater River, but was torn down in 1908. The original Bog Bridge then became known as the Cilleyville Bridge. It is on the National Register of Historic Places. The Cilleyville Bridge is one of fifty-eight covered bridges in the State of New Hampshire.
NH Bridge Number & Historic Facts
New Hampshire Bridge Number 16. The bridge was the model for the Shattuck murals of typical New Hampshire scenes which were once located in the State House in Concord. The Cilleyville Bridge is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Additional details and specifications:
- 3" wide x 2 1/2" high
- Detailed on both sides
- Includes a ribbon to hang the ornament
- Also includes a romance card with a description of the ornament