Limited Edition - Twelve Days of Christmas Series
The "The Twelve Days of Christmas" bell collection is a Hampshire Pewter limited edition. The 12 days of Christmas start the day after the celebration of Jesus's birthday (December 26th) and continue until the day of Epiphany (January 6). The day of Epiphany is the celebrated day of when the Three Wismen arrived and honored the newborn Savior with gifts. As the song goes, the eighth bell in the series is The Eight Maids A Milking.
The meaning of the Eight Maids A Milking
Representing the common man whom Christ had come to serve and save. When the song was written, no job in England was lower than working in a barn, and for a female servant to be used in this way indicated that she was worth little to her master. Christ was the true servant, even giving His life for His people. The number eight also represents the beatitudes listed in Matthew 5: 3-10 Blessed are the poor in spirit, those who mourn, the meek, the hungry, the merciful, the pure of heart, the peacemaker, and the righteous.
Some of the specifications:
- Limited edition - only 500 will be produced
- 5" tall
- Issue number is engraved on the inside of the bell housing
- Hand-cast in our special lead-free pewter alloy
- The bell housings are hand cast and hand finished
- Beautifully polished to a fine satin lustre
- The original design and traditional craftsmanship of Hampshire Pewter are two ingredients which are give this collection its unique charm.