The "The Twelve Days of Christmas" bell collection is a Hampshire Pewter limited edition. The 12 days of Christmas start the day after the celebration of Jesus's birthday (December 26th) and continue until the day of Epiphany (January 6). The day of Epiphany is the celebrated day of when the Three Wismen arrived and honored the newborn Savior with gifts. As the song goes, the sixth bell in the series is The Six Geese A Laying.
The meaning of the Six Geese A Laying
The Six Geese a Laying verse represents the fact that the world (and all that is in it) was made, by God, in six days. Just as eggs are the symbol for new life and creation, so the geese laying eggs presented the whole story of God moving His hand over the void to create life.
Some of the specifications:
- Limited edition - only 500 will be produced
- 5" tall
- Issue number is engraved on the inside of the bell housing
- Hand-cast in our special lead-free pewter alloy
- The bell housings are hand cast and hand finished
- Beautifully polished to a fine satin lustre
- The original design and traditional craftsmanship of Hampshire Pewter are two ingredients which are give this collection its unique charm.