The "The Twelve Days of Christmas" bell collection is a Hampshire Pewter limited edition. The 12 days of Christmas start the day after the celebration of Jesus's birthday (December 26th) and continue until the day of Epiphany (January 6). The day of Epiphany is the celebrated day of when the Three Wismen arrived and honored the newborn Savior with gifts. As the song goes, the five bell in the series is The Five Golden Rings.
The meaning of the Five Golden Rings
It is believed the Five Golden Rings represent the Torah (5 Books of Moses). The gifts were also to remind the singer not only of man's fall from grace due to sin, but the fact that a Savior would come to offer salvation and a path back to God
Some of the specifications:
- Limited edition - only 500 will be produced
- 5" tall
- Issue number is engraved on the inside of the bell housing
- Hand-cast in our special lead-free pewter alloy
- The bell housings are hand cast and hand finished
- Beautifully polished to a fine satin lustre
- The original design and traditional craftsmanship of Hampshire Pewter are two ingredients which are give this collection its unique charm.