The "The Twelve Days of Christmas" bell collection is a Hampshire Pewter limited edition. The 12 days of Christmas start the day after the celebration of Jesus's birthday (December 26th) and continue until the day of Epiphany (January 6). The day of Epiphany is the celebrated day of when the Three Wismen arrived and honored the newborn Savior with gifts. As the song goes, the fourth bell in the series is The Four Calling Birds.
The meaning of the Four Calling Birds
It is believed the Four Calling Birds represent the Four authors of the Gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Why calling birds? The Gospels 'trumpet' the story of Jesus from birth to death.
Some of the specifications:
- Limited edition - only 500 will be produced
- 5" tall
- Issue number is engraved on the inside of the bell housing
- Hand-cast in our special lead-free pewter alloy
- The bell housings are hand cast and hand finished
- Beautifully polished to a fine satin lustre
- The original design and traditional craftsmanship of Hampshire Pewter are two ingredients which are give this collection its unique charm.