The "The Twelve Days of Christmas" bell collection is a Hampshire Pewter limited edition. The 12 days of Christmas start the day after the celebration of Jesus's birthday (December 26th) and continue until the day of Epiphany (January 6). The day of Epiphany is the celebrated day of when the Three Wismen arrived and honored the newborn Savior with gifts. As the song goes, the third bell in the series is The Three French Hens.
The meaning of the Three French Hens
It is believed the Three French Hens represent the expensive gifts brought by the wise men (gold, frankincense, and myrrh). French hens were expensive and fit for the King's table - thus the three gifts
Some of the specifications:
- Limited edition - only 500 will be produced
- 5" tall
- Issue number is engraved on the inside of the bell housing
- Hand-cast in our special lead-free pewter alloy
- The bell housings are hand cast and hand finished
- Beautifully polished to a fine satin lustre
- The original design and traditional craftsmanship of Hampshire Pewter are two ingredients which are give this collection its unique charm.