The "The Twelve Days of Christmas" bell collection is a Hampshire Pewter limited edition. The 12 days of Christmas start the day after the celebration of Jesus's birthday (December 26th) and continue until the day of Epiphany (January 6). The day of Epiphany is the celebrated day of when the Three Wismen arrived and honored the newborn Savior with gifts. As the song goes, the second bell in the series is The Two Turtle Doves.
The meaning of the Two Turtle Doves
It is believed that the two turtle doves represent The Old and New Testaments of the Bible. Doves, of course, were also symbols of truth and peace, once again reinforcing the tie to Christ and Christmas.
Some of the specifications:
- Limited edition - only 500 will be produced
- 5" tall
- Issue number is engraved on the inside of the bell housing
- Hand-cast in our special lead-free pewter alloy
- The bell housings are hand cast and hand finished
- Beautifully polished to a fine satin lustre
- The original design and traditional craftsmanship of Hampshire Pewter are two ingredients which are give this collection its unique charm.
Two Turtle Doves Bell | 12 - Twelve Days of Christmas Series partridge-pear-tree-12-twelve-days-of-christmas-xmas.html